This week I got a call from a woman with a rental property in Travis Heights. Her tenant had reported that the air wasn’t getting lower than 77 and it was humid in the house. It was a beautiful old bungalow style cottage and the HVAC had been installed seven years earlier by a technician who was no longer in business. I found that the condenser fan had malfunctioned, overheated and needed to be replaced. It was a brand I carry but don’t recommend. It’s not a matter of if those fans go, but when they will go. I made the needed repairs just three hours after receiving the initial call and left the tenant cool and explained to the woman who owned the house how she could prevent problems in the future.